Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Do brunettes have it made?

Why change the color of my hair? Boredom? Does a new look, mean a new me? Nah. My first day as a brunette, weird and sort of shocking, not only for me, but those around me. Mostly, the first night was spent letting the kids look at me, touch my hair and put aside the fact their Mom looks a little different....but underneath the hair, it is still me. Clare just followed me once I got home, right behind me up to the bathroom, then she brushed my hair, pushed it all away from my face and said "there you are"! Liam just kept repeating "what you do to your hair Mom?" and then "why you change your hair Mom?" and then, "your hair look really nice Mom, it really soft Mom".

The best though, was when I got home tonight and Morgan came running to meet me at the door...."there's my beautiful Mommy!"He hugged me, kissed me and hugged me some more. Good to know under a pile of very, very brown hair, I am still just me.

What is most curious to me is if the brown hair will elicit a different reaction in strangers that don't know me.....reaction of a blond vs. brunette. Is there any merit in the natural sterotypes of a blond. I guess I will find out and report back!


BEFORE (with a little touch of summer sun)



AFTER

4 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm anxious to see it in person...

jilldaisbrenne said...

Looks great Heather! What a fun change!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cousin...
How are you? Neat Blog Site!
Nice Pictures!

Susan said...

I miss the "real" Heather. I can't find you in a crowd.