Saturday, August 23, 2008

I LOVE TARGET

Every year at this time Target assembles leadership from every store in the company along with the more senior members of the Headquarters team for a fourth quarter RA-RA. I am continued to be amazed at the enormity of the company and what they are able to do in partnership with government, fashion design greats, celebrities and ordinary people doing awesome things for others.

In the last three years I've been able to hear a motivational speech by Colin Powell, listen to amazing pianist and vocals by the likes of Maroon 5, Tony Bennett, Michael Bouble, KD Lang, Elvis Costello and this year, Christina Aguilera and John Legend (go check his music out if you haven't).

I celebrated 9 years at Target this August, on Clare's 10th birthday and feel fortunate to have held several positions of varying responsibility and challenge. Target has provided a foundation for me to learn so much about corporate america and life in general.

No comments: