
Since I can't sleep, I might as well write! I laid in bed tonight wondering if the stars were aligned, but cocked to the side or if I made someone mad...what is the message? Slow down, take note of all that motherhood is teaching you? or hey! YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY CONTROL over the events that dictate your life, so the best I (or any of us can do) is:
Be resilient
Be flexible
Laugh
Cry
After picking up the little boys from daycare after work we played in the warm rain...it was fabulous! Morgan grabbed the saucer sled from the garage to use as an umbrella and Liam stood with his mouth open and tongue out catching the rain. Finally, once Mo put down the sled Liam grabbed it and hopped on, letting out a WEEEEEEEEE...only to find out sleds don't work the same in rain as they do on the snow.

Once we were all good and soaked, we made our way inside to start dinner, Liam had a quick pre-dinner snack (Mom's homeade cookies) and I started the macaronni and cheese, to go with the left over hot dog's, yummmy .... Morgan's special request. I made a quick phone call over to our neighbor's house where Brendan and Clare were playing with their friends, while at the same time tried to mitigate a cookie stealing catastrophe from occuring...Elvis was stealing Liam's cookie and I (in turn) crushed the dog's toenail and made him cry, or howl as I have never heard him howl before....
Elvis literally let you 5 or 6 good cries and then blood started to drip from his left paw, as I knelt down to give him the love and attention he needed Liam said, "Mom, you naughty, no hurting my doggie, naughty Mommy..." Just after getting Elvis cleaned up, the phone rings....
Bill, our neighbor from across the street calls to inform me that Clare has just thrown up in their basement and he needs my help. Bill (bless his heart) tried to race behind Clare to help her make it to the bathroom and slipped in the bile that hit the floor....not sure if I should laugh, cry or grab beers for Bill and I, I run upstairs, quickly change clothes and grab pj's for Clare....
The phone rings again, it's Bill...."we don't have a mop, do you?" Sure, now he needs me there to clean up the puke with my own mop! I have to laugh as I run out the door with an injured dog, two wet kids and a mop.
Tonight I am thankful for such great friends and great neighbors and for the gentle nudge reminding me that I am not in control of the roller coaster this ride around the park.
4 comments:
a couple of beers for the two of us... and we can toast to good neighbors and good friends.
Slainte!
What a great post!
...and a great analogy - rollercoasters. How true.
Hang on for the "ride of life". Some days the ride is fast and others it is slow. I wish you a very long ride.
Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for my treasured gifts...B,C,M & L.
XOXOXO
. . . proof blessings come in many forms! This one is a gem!
lysm
mom
Post a Comment